Mainamoti Medical College resides in the naturally beautiful town of Comilla, Bangladesh. This private medical college is one of the top institutions in Bangladesh. It was established in in the year 2011. The college is recognized by medical boards from Bangladesh and abroad. Regarding quality medical education on a budget, Mainamoti Medical College (MMC), Comilla, is one of the best examples in Bangladesh.
The infrastructure and the college’s recognition make it a good option for medical students. Not only native students but students from abroad also pursue their MBBS from MMC, Comilla.
If you are from india and wish to get an MBBS degree from Bangladesh, consider this college as an option.
This article will talk about the facilities, knowledge, and experiences that this medical college has in store to offer. Let’s investigate the details of Mainamoti Medical College, Comilla.
Recognitions and affiliations held by MMC, Comilla
This institute has the recognition of many bodies from the country and abroad. To list some, we can mention the following:
- Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)
- Rajshahi University, Bangladesh
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Institutions from a few other countries also recognize this Medical College.
Faculties at Mainamoti Medical College
The faculties at MMC Comilla are diverse, have a look:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Surgery
- Faculty of Physiology
- Faculty of Community Medicine
- Faculty of Gynaecology
- Faculty of Pathology
- Faculty of Microbiology
- Faculty of Biochemistry
- Faculty of Obstetrics
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Faculty of Forensic Medicine
Rankings of Mainamoti Medical College, Comilla
MMC Comilla holds a good spot in national and world ranking:
- National rank in Bangladesh- 52
- Worldwide rank- 1718
Eligibility to fulfill for admission in MMC Comilla
Before moving ahead, make sure you are eligible to have a seat in this medical college. Test yourself here:
- You should have passed class 12 from a recognized board or university.
- You must have a minimum of 50% marks in high school in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- English has to be a subject in class 12
- Students from India should be NEET-qualified in the same year of admission
- You must be at least 17 years old on the 31st of December in the admission year.
Get Everything Ready: Documents Required for Admission
If you find yourself eligible for admission to MMC Comilla, ensure you have all the required papers. The following list shows all the required documents:
- class 10th marksheet and passing certificate
- class 12th marksheet
- passing certificate of class 12th
- migration certificate from the previous board/ university
- transfer certificate (TC) from secondary school
- NEET score card
- The college’s application form
- admission invitation letter from the medical college
- your original passport
- recent photographs, minimum 12 in number
- police clearance certificate
- bank statement for the past six months
- Demand Draft (DD) in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
The Admission Process at Mainamoti Medical College
Once you get your NEET cleared, collect all your required documents. Now follow the given steps to get admission to MMC Comilla:
Step 1- visit the college website and download the admission form
Step 2- fill out the admission form and submit it online
Step 3- along with the application form, submit the required documents
Step 4- get your admission letter from the university. This will be granted after you have filled the admission form successfully.
Step 5- get your passport
Step 6- apply for your student visa using your passport
Step 7- pay tuition fee for the first year
Step 8- pack your important documents given in the list above
Step 9– book your tickets and fly off to Bangladesh and join your campus
Advantages of Taking Admission to Mainamoti Medical College, Comilla
Mainamoti Medical College is a good option for medical students. The required marks for admission are slightly lower than a few medical colleges for MBBS in Bangladesh. This makes it a good option for many. The benefits of getting your MBBS from MMC Comilla are numerous. Check them out:
- affordable fee structure
- global recognition of college fetches bigger opportunities for candidates
- rich resources enhance the skills and knowledge of medicos
- the extracurricular activities held here focus on the all round development of med students
- the MCI approval gives Indian students ease of returning back to India and practice without any hindrance
- so many seminars and conclaves are held. these events help medicos gather experience and enhance their knowledge
- health camps and awareness programs help students enhance their skill
- real life situations from community reach out programs help students gather experience. This teaches them how to use their knowledge in the real world
- practical teaching aids in-depth study
- superior infrastructure for compatible learning
- the college is in a neighboring country of India, which makes things familiar
- the cost of living is low in Bangladesh
- MMC provides hostel and mess facilities, relieving the accommodation stress of the students
Medium of Teaching
English is the primary medium of teaching and instruction at MMC. Since Indians study in English, language is not an issue, at least in the studies.
Hostel Facilities at MMC
- MMC Comilla offers separate hostels for boys and girls
- Secure and modern infrastructure of the hostel buildings
- Hygienic mess with local and Indian food
Tips to manage finances during MBBS in Bangladesh
Talking from the view of Indian students, Bangladesh is not very expensive. The cost of living is fairly low there. For those first time staying out, finance management might be stressful. The following tips might help you keep track of your money while doing MBBS abroad.
- keep an eye on your over-expenditure
- do not eat outside more often
- stay healthy; this will save you medical bills
- access used resources as far as practicable. This comes reasonable
- make and follow a monthly budget
- use public transport as far as possible
Studying Medicine in Bangladesh
Bangladesh is emerging as an epicenter of medical education. Students from all around the world come here to study medicine and become doctors. Apart from government colleges, there are many private medical colleges in various cities of Bangladesh. Mainamoti Medical College is one of them.
The quality of education here is certified by renowned organizations. The recognitions held by MMC Comilla are global. This makes it easy for doctors to study here and practice anywhere worldwide.
The cost of studying and staying is reasonable compared to many countries, including India. All these facts sum up to make Bangladesh a good destination for medical education. Mainamoti Medical College is a beacon of light for those with a low score.