Medical College for Women and Hospital, Dhaka, is one of the oldest medical colleges in Bangladesh. This private medical institute was established in the year 1992. It is one of the few colleges dedicated to quality medical education only for women. Currently, there are 95 medical seats in total. 55% of the seats are reserved for native students of Bangladesh, and 45% are open for international students.
The college has made numerous doctors to date from its initial days. It has been recognized by authorities from Bangladesh and international organizations such as the World Health Organization and others.
Students here get many opportunities to enhance their skills. Many internship programs and other events are arranged for MBBS in Bangladesh. This makes sure that the learning of the medicos is not bound to the classroom and the textbooks. The college has its own hospital of 500 beds. Here the students get the practical sessions. Their internships at the end of the course are also done here.
Let’s find out more about this amazing women’s medical college and dig deeper into the howabouts of the admission process for foreign students.
Recognitions to Medical College for Women and Hospital, Dhaka
MCWH Dhaka holds several recognitions. Here is the list of the authorities that recognize the college:
- Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- General Medical Council, UK
- California Medical Board, US
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Due to these recognitions, the degrees earned from here by the doctors are applicable all around the globe for medical practice.
Faculties at MCWH, Dhaka
A good list of departments is active in the Medical College for Women and Hospital, Dhaka. All the faculties are listed below:
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Physiology and Therapeutics
- Department of Medicine
- Department Surgery
- Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology
- Department of ENT
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Skin and VD
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Radiology and Imaging
Eligibility criteria to join Medical College for Women and Hospital, Dhaka
Here is the list of criteria that you should fit in to get admission to MCWH:
- The admissions of local students will be made based on the results of the MBBS admission test held by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Govt. of Bangladesh.
- International Students, like those from India, must qualify the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) – UG to get admission to any medical college.
- They must clear the entrance test in the same year of admission.
- Apart from this, they must have passed the high secondary school examination, i.e., their class 12th examination, with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Biology has to be one of the main subjects in class 12.
- Students must be at least 17 years old on the 31st of December in the year of admission.
Documents Required for Admission in Medical College for Women and Hospital, Dhaka
There are a few papers that you must produce to the authorities at the time of admission. We are providing the list below. Your admission can be canceled if you fail to provide any of the documents. Check the list carefully and ensure you have all of them.
- class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Class 12th passing certificate
- Migration certificate from a previous board or university
- Transfer certificate from high school
- Admission form from the university
- University admission letter
- Fee confirmation letter
- 12 photographs of student
- Original passport of the candidate
- Visa application form
- Police clearance certificate
- Sponsorship or affidavit
- Demand Draft (DD) in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Admission procedure at Medical College for Women and Hospital, Dhaka:
If you are eligible to get a seat in MCWH, Dhaka, sort all your required documents and follow the given steps to get admission:
Step 1: Visit the website of MCWH and download the admission form
Step 2: Fill out the form and upload the required documents
Step 3: After filling out the form and documents successfully, get your admission letter from the university
Step 4: Get your passport made and apply for your student visa
Step 5: Pay the tuition fee for the first year
Step 6: Get your tickets and set off to your dream medical college
Foreign students have to pay the tuition fee in favor of the Medical College for Women & Hospital, Uttara, Dhaka-1230. The details can be found on the college website.
Benefits of Joining MCWH:
MCWH Dhaka is one of the finest medical colleges in Bangladesh. It has been a standard for women’s education in healthcare for over two and a half decades.
The experienced and dedicated faculty members here help students to become great doctors. Aside from MBBS, nursing courses and other healthcare education can also be pursued from MCWH. There is a fully- equipped, modernized 500 bed capacity hospital in the college’s main campus. Students get to gather real life experience while working and training here. The academic resources and laboratories are versatile and have grown richer over all these years of flourishing.
There are so many benefits you can enjoy after joining MCWH Dhaka. Let’s count some of them:
- International recognition of your degree.
- Students from here can work or pursue further education from anywhere in the world.
- Recognized by WHO and MCI, this helps students from India to get admission here.
- The college accepts NEET results, so Indian students don’t have to take any other entrance test again.
- After graduating here, students are eligible for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
- Safe and secure campus for girls.
- The college provides hostel facilities to its students.
Medium of Teaching at MCWH, Dhaka
The courses offered here are in English language. This makes education valid for students from all round the world, and doctors from here can easily practice anywhere.
Hostel Facilities at Medical College for Women and Hospital, Dhaka
- There are two hostel buildings at MCWH.
- The hostel compound is secure and is guarded by CCTV.
- Mess facility with hygienic local and Indian food.
- Well-equipped and spacious campus with playground, gym, and many other modern setups.
- Air Conditioned and Wi-Fi-backed hostel Campus
Tips for Students to Manage Expenses
Managing money and expenses is more of an art. You learn this eventually while growing up. As students, we step into the first phase of living independently and we have to manage our money for the first time. You can win the money management game with a bit of learning by mistakes and a few tips. Follow:
- Make a monthly budget.
- Stick to your budget plan for the whole month.
- Avoid eating out as much as possible.
- Stay healthy. This saves you a lot.
- Invest in quality wherever possible instead of buying the same cheap products multiple times.
Closing Paragraph: Your Sign to Study Medicine in Bangladesh
Medicine has been one of the most sought-after careers for a long time. The profession of doctors has been regarded as a noble profession for ages. The craze and aspirations of youngsters towards this career have not faded even today. But let’s admit, being a doctor is not a piece of cake. Every medico has to endure their share of struggle. The struggle is a bit harsher for women and the underprivileged.
Countries like Bangladesh have emerged as the beacon of hope in recent times. Many medical colleges, either co-ed or especially for females, have emerged with the guarantee of quality education and international recognition.
Medical College for Women and Hospital, one of the pioneers of healthcare education, especially for women, are the standards to be looked upon. The affordable cost of pursuing an MBBS and the reasonable cost of living in Bangladesh serve it well to be chosen as a potential option for studying medicine.
The cherry on the top is the assuring list of recognitions and affiliations these institutions hold.
So, if you are interested and eligible, this is your sign to set off on the life-changing journey of being a medico from Bangladesh.