Sylhet Women’s Medical College, Sylhet
Medicine has been one of the hottest career options lately. Science students aspire to become doctors, especially those with biology as a main subject in high school. Apart from Medicine, there are many other faculties, too. Surgery, dental sciences, radiology, and gynecology, etc., include the list.
Many countries have emerged as new hubs for medical education. Bangladesh is one of them. With affordable medical education and a reasonable cost of living, the country is a good option for foreign med- students. Being India’s neighboring country, this country attracts many Indian students. There are multiple medical colleges in Bangladesh. Some are government-led, and others are private institutes.
One of the top private medical colleges for girls in Bangladesh is Sylhet Women’s Medical College (SWMC), Sylhet. It is a world-class college established for girls only. The institute was founded in 2005.
Academics and medical facilities at SWMC are top-class and attract many students from Bangladesh and abroad. Let’s find out more about SWMC, Sylhet.
Sylhet Women’s Medical College: Recognitions
This institution holds recognition from several governing bodies, such as:
- Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)
- National Medical Council of India (NMC)
- Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
Due to these certifications, the degrees earned here hold worldwide recognition. This is one of the many reasons students from foreign countries come here for MBBS.
Faculties at SWMC, Sylhet
SWMC offers many faculties to its students. To list some, we have:
- faculty of Medicine
- faculty of gynecology
- faculty of therapeutics
- faculty of surgery
- faculty of anatomy
- faculty of physiology
- faculty of biochemistry
- faculty of pathology
- faculty of community medicine
- faculty of basic sciences
- faculty of forensic Medicine
The Rank of Sylhet Women’s Medical College, Sylhet
SWMC holds a good rank in the national and world rankings:
- national ranking- 18
- world ranking- 1718
Eligibility to get admission in SWMC, Sylhet
- Candidates must pass class 12 from a recognized board or university.
- There should be at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Indian students must qualify for the NEET exam in the year of admission.
- The minimum age required is 17 years on the 31st of December in the year of admission.
Check the List: What are the Documents Required for Admission to SWMC
The admission process is the same as any other college. All you need to check is that you have all the needed papers.
Here, we are providing a list of important papers, check them out and rest assured:
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Class 12th passing certificate
- Transfer Certificate from secondary school or college
- Migration certificate from previous board
- Invitation letter for admission from the medical college
- Police clearance certificate
- Candidate’s original valid passport
- A demand draft (DD) in favor of the Bangladesh High Commission
- Applicant’s recent photographs (at least 12) on matt paper
- NEET score card
The Admission Process: What Are the Steps Involved?
If you are an Indian student, make sure you clear NEET first. You can get admission only if you qualify for NEET for MBBS in Bangladesh. After that, these steps follow:
Step 1: Get your admission form from the website of college
Step 2: Fill out the admission form and upload the required documents
Step 3: Obtain the admission invitation letter from the university
Step 4: Get your passport made
Step 5: Apply for student visa
Step 6: Pay the tuition fee for the first year. If you have applied for an education loan, do as required.
Step 7: Check and short important documents
Step 8: Book tickets for Sylhet and head to your campus
Why choose SWMC: benefits of Sylhet Women’s Medical College
There are many top-class medical colleges in Bangladesh, either government or private. One of the gems is Sylhet Women’s Medical College. It has a very crucial role in women’s medical education in Bangladesh. Let’s discuss the benefits of studying Medicine at SWMC:
- Affordable tuition fees as compared to the private medical colleges of India
- World class academics and medical resources
- Hostel facility available
- Mess in the hostel with local and Indian food
- secure and high-tech campus with modern facilities
- International affiliations and recognitions
- English is the medium of teaching
- rich laboratory resources
- well maintained library
- Extracurricular activities to enhance learning
- practicals to gain skills
- SWMC provides many internship programs to add skills to future doctors
- skilled and trained faculty members
Medium of Teaching at Sylhet Women’s Medical College
The primary medium of teaching at the SWMC campus is English. This is a big help for foreign students.
Hostel and Lodging at SWMC
Sylhet Women’s Medical College provides safe hostel facilities for the students. The highlights are as follows:
- secure hostel campus
- CCTV-bound security system
- 24/7 wifi connectivity
- hygienic mess facility with local and Indian food
- sharing rooms
Quick Tips for Managing Expenses While Studying in Bangladesh
For most students, it is usually their first time living alone. So, you will face challenges in managing your money initially. With some of the tips, you can easily manage your finances.
- make a monthly or weekly budget
- follow your budget
- avoid unnecessary expenses
- eat in the mess to avoid extra food cost
- Use public transport
- use online resources and soft copies as much as possible instead of getting new books
Closing Paragraph: Your Way to MBBS at SWMC
Sylhet Women’s Medical College is a leading private medical institute. The college ensures quality medical education for women. The infrastructure and faculties make it a world class institution.
The affiliations given to it make it a good choice for medical education for girls internationally. Student life at SWMC is hustling. The awareness programs and health camps organized by the college help medicos experience real life conditions.
Medical education is at its peak in Bangladesh. Cities like Dhaka and Sylhet have emerged as hubs for medical students in recent times. The scene of women’s education has its significance. Bearing the torch of medical education for women, SWMC is a pioneer of equality and inclusion in society. If you are a female medical aspirant willing to study Medicine in Bangladesh, SWMC is a good option. The course syllabus, rankings, affiliations, and resources everything aligns with the modern medical scenario. Get your NEET scorecard, apply for admission, plan your expenses, and start your dream career with Sylhet Women’s Medical College.